Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
The successful candidate will serve as a full-time, Physician (Psychiatrist) in the specialty of Mental Health for the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center.
The employee serves as a Psychiatrist within Mental Health Service for the Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center. The employee provides comprehensive clinical services to Veterans and their families. The employee will perform general psychiatric assessment and treatment in a multi-disciplinary setting. Therapeutic and clinical services associated with this position will include medication management, treatment planning, and other specialized services as needed. The employee will work closely with his/her colleagues to provide comprehensive, state-of-the-art mental health care.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredApplicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
Preferred Experience: Board Certification
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Light lifting, under 15 pounds, Light carrying, under 15 pounds, Use of fingers, Walking, Standing, Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other, Ability to distinguish basic colors, Hearing (aid permitted).