As a Transportation Operations Specialist, you will develop working relationships with customers and support the Fleet Management program. You will assist in the management and operation of a vehicle fleet, and serve as a single source for all program services and support for customer and supplier accounts.
Location of Positions: GSA FAS, Office of Fleet Management, Charleston, SC & Ft Bragg, NC
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
As a Transportation Operations Specialist (Motor) some of your main roles will include:
- Assuring delivery and adequacy of GSA Fleet services and assuming responsibility for program efficiency and cost effectiveness of areas over which you have jurisdiction
- Addressing and resolving significant customer problems which cannot be resolved by normal procedures
- Representing and speaking for the program in discussions and committing the agency to a course of action within regulations and established policy and guidelines
- Determining when to dispose of used vehicles and equipment and directing the preparation of vehicles for termination of lease assignment
- Monitoring specific indicators of performance and recommending action to correct deficiencies noted
- Notifying contractors of substandard performances and recommending corrective action as appropriate
- Receiving, preparing for assignment, and assigning or delivering new replacement vehicles to customer activity locations
- Inspecting and evaluating circumstances of major repairs, accidents damage, high repair estimates, or complaints concerning quality and timeliness of vendors when requested to do so
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-7 salary range starts at $43,683 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to theGS-5 level level or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level of the federal service.
Specialized experience is experience assisting with routine assignments pertaining to an individual/established customer base fleet of government-owned or commercial motor vehicles. This experience must have included:
- inputting and/or maintaining data in an automated system on fleet vehicles, in an assigned area;
- answering fleet customers/clients limited range of routine inquiries;
- assisting with identifying assigned customers’ vehicle requirements;
- researching and/or analyzing fleet operations reports to provide to senior staff.
To be creditable, education must be in one of the following fields: accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, nautical science, marine affairs, marine engineering, marine transportation, or other fields related to the position.
Applicants must have one of the following:
- Completed at least one full year of graduate level education in a major field listed above (18 semester hours or the equivalent); OR
- Completed all the requirements for a Bachelor`s degree from an accredited college or university in a major field listed above plus meet the Superior Academic Achievement provision. Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying at the GS-7 level. For information on what constitutes SSA, refer to Section 4-F at the following OPM Website: General Policies
Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying at the GS-7 level. To claim SAA, submit documentation of one of the following:
1. Class standing -- You must be in the upper third of your graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.
2. Grade-point average (rounded to one decimal point) of:
3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B" or better) as recorded on your official transcript, or as computed based on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of your curriculum; or
3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 ("B+" or better) based on the average of the required courses completed in your major field or the required courses in your major field completed during your final 2 years of the curriculum.
- Election to membership in a national scholastic honor societyin one of the national scholastic honor societies listed by the Association of College Honor Societies.
The GS-9 salary range starts at $ 53,433 per year.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level level or higher in the Federal service.
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 level of the federal service.
Specialized experience is experience performing routine assignments pertaining to a fleet of government-owned or commercial motor vehicles. This experience must have included:
- inputting and/or maintaining data on fleet vehicles in an automated system;
- answering routine inquiries and providing assistance to fleet customers/clients;
- assisting with identifying customers vehicle requirements;
- researching and and/or analyzing fleet operations reports.
Applicants must have a masters degree or equivalent graduate degree OR have completed two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, with a major in accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, nautical science, or other fields related to the position. OR
Combination of Education and Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a combination of graduate level education (beyond the Bachelor's Degree) and specialized experience (as described above) that together meet the qualification requirements of this position.