Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
The primary purpose of this position is to Serve as a primary care manager.
Those individuals who previously applied under Announcement # AFPC-MEDDHA -10726564-0602, must reapply under this announcement to be considered.
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
License: For positions involving patient care, candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training. (This 1 year of supervised experience may be waived for research or administrative positions not requiring direct patient care.) For purposes of this standard, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada.
Additional Requirements for Grades GS/GP-13 and Above:
For GS/GP-13 -- 3 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
For GS/GP-14 -- 4 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
For GS/GP-15 -- 5 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the principles of the specialization being filled (e.g. clinical, preventive medicine, including aviation medicine, occupational medicine and public health, research, teaching or training, disability evaluation, or administration) gained by experience performing diagnostic, preventive, or therapeutic services to patients in hospitals, clinics, public health programs, diagnostic centers, etc.
2. Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, standards and instructions that govern medical practices.
3. Skill in diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of patients.
4. Ability to instruct, guide and advice providers, support staff and/or patients on medical issues.
5. Skill in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of a wide variety of diseases and medical conditions to include but not limited to: diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, asthma, arthritis, cancer, extremity injuries, and psychiatric/psychological disorders.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.