Cambridge International Systems has an opportunity for a Lead Systems Engineer to support our Advanced Technologies and Services Division in Charleston, SC. Qualified candidates must possess an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance. Candidates must be able to travel up to 50% both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Serves as Lead Systems Engineer for Engineering, Logistics and Implementations group.
- Identifies and evaluates potential solution components for programs, proposals etc.
- Attends and leads Technical Solution Reviews for Bid and provides recommendations.
- Supports the recruiting department as needed to vet technical and engineering candidates.
- Lead/Support Site Surveys.
- Lead/Support defining and developing detailed calculations, drawings, design and installation packages, technical reports, and detailed analyses.
- Lead/Support Client reviews of drawings, design and installation packages, technical reports, and detailed analyses
- Provide engineering assistance to technicians, technical writers, and drafters in the development of technical manuals, testing documents, and installation design packages.
- Research parts and equipment to support the design of the audio visual, networking, and electrical systems.
- Provide input to drafters to generate drawings and lists of equipment and inventories for inclusion in drawing packages.
- Provide direction to Engineering, Drafting/CAD Operations functions in support of multiple audio visual, networking, and electrical facility projects.
- Prepare proposals, specifications, reports, and technical evaluations.
- Establish, manage, and status design budgets and schedules.
- Develop initial concepts and scopes of work.
Operations Quality Management:
- Quality Assurance: serves as an open-door quality ombudsman for project quality issues direct reporting from employees within Cambridge operations’ projects.
- Assists project and task managers’ management of subcontractors’ quality performance and corrective actions required.
- Works with project and task managers as needed to help them adapt project processes to the unique quality assurance needs of customer projects.
- Provides collaborative leadership, facilitation, and interface among supported customers, vendors and users.
- Reviews quality of project deliverables, typically: weekly status reports, customer monthly progress reports, Cambridge in-progress reviews, etc. and recommends and checks required corrective edits done by project and task managers.
- Leads and contributes to Cambridge Enterprise Initiatives as requested by Cambridge Executive Management and the Innovation & Technology Working Group including but not limited to:
- Development of the Cambridge technology tool kit by working in collaboration with Executive Management Innovation & Technology Working Group to develop a stable of solutions and associated projects that extend the Cambridge technical offerings, e.g. JCTDs.
- Identifies and recommends potential special project growth areas to Cambridge Executive Management and, upon approval by Cambridge Executive Management, leads these special projects with the intent of maturing them into sustainable business areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or CS ABET Accredited Program Certification and at least 15 years of experience.
- 10+ years of experience in design engineering role, consulting engineering preferred, to include: Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of audio visual, networking, and electrical facility projects.
- 3+ years of experience with NEC (National Electric Code), IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), UFC (Unified Facilities Criteria), IBC (International Building Code), ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning) and other related standards.
- 3+ years of experience conducting onsite installations such as Network, IT, ESS, AV, etc. at DOD facilities.
- Must have a minimum active Secret clearance, Top Secret preferred.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% both CONUS and OCONUS.
- Must be in IAT Level II.