The Field Service Technician is responsible for the installation, service, and maintenance of Belimed products while providing excellent service to customers.
This position is a remote, home-based position traveling within the Charleston area and around a 2-4 hour driving radius.
Note: We anticipate there may be multiple work schedules available including - Monday-Friday (Days), Monday-Friday (Nights) and Friday-Monday (4 x 10 hour shifts).
How you will impact Belimed and our clients:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions using test instruments
- Measure and adjust digital and analog instrumentation using calibration equipment
- Install, modify and repair equipment
- Provide technical support to customers and other field technicians
- As required, conduct product in-services
- Complete various reports such as Service Reports, timesheets, expense reports and parts lists in a timely, accurate and legible fashion
- Maintain an organized work vehicle with necessary tools, manuals and parts required to provide efficient repairs and installations
- Requires moving, setting and leveling of heavy machinery
- Monitoring customer chemical orders and contract sales/renewals
What you need to succeed:
The ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma
- Minimum 3 years experience with industrial electrical single and 3-phase wiring and controls
- Experience troubleshooting steam, water and pneumatic process control and PLC systems
- Ability to perform piping, soldering and brazing of copper, brass and stainless steel piping
- Ability to read and red-line P&ID and electrical schematics
- Experience using diagnostic test equipment, volt-ohm meters, amp probes and precision temperature and pressure calibration equipment
- Experience in MS Office Suite
- Ability to maintain an acceptable driving record
- Ability to lift at least twenty pounds unassisted
- Must either have or be legally able to obtain a valid passport for occasional international travel
- Ability to sit for long periods of time for automobile and airplane travel
- Able to climb over and crawl under equipment
- Able to travel extensively and with little notice prior to travel
- Evidence of job stability
- Excellent verbal and written skills in the English language
- Must be able to work on-call either by telephone or on the job as business needed require including nights, weekends and holidays
An outstanding candidate may also have:
- Associate’s degree or technical training in mechanical or electronics studies, particularly BMET
- Comparable work experiences in the automotive or boiler fields
- Experience working in the medical field with washing and sterilization equipment
We offer competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and holidays, life insurance as well as a company-paid vehicle, laptop and cell phone.
Belimed, Inc. promotes equal employment opportunities and will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination, against any applicant or employee because of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or genetic information. Additionally, Belimed provides an environment for job applicants and employees that is free from sexual harassment, as well as harassment and intimidation based on an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.