Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
You will serve as the Senior Scientific Technical Manager in the Expeditionary Warfare Department of the Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic).
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT (see the Additional Information section for further information regarding this Direct Hire Authority).
The applicant is to provide a resume and a separate narrative statement which describes fully, but concisely, how his/her experience supports each of the following Mandatory Technical Qualifications. Each technical qualification narrative should not exceed 2 pages. Failure to address these specific qualifications in a separate narrative statement will eliminate you from consideration:
1. Demonstrated ability and experience in exercising technical leadership in highly dynamic and very competitive business environments including successful engineering experience and business results in a multi-product/project, multi-location, and multi-operation organization, consisting of projects and business areas varying in complexity, duration, and budget. Demonstrated experience leading teams responsible for design, development, systems engineering (to include digital engineering/MBSE practices), integration, testing, production, delivery, and life cycle sustainment and engineering support for complex C4ISR, Cyber, and IT systems.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage organizational change and resolve interpersonal conflicts.
3. Demonstrated ability to assess and balance current and projected mission requirements, capabilities, and workload demand with current and future workforce of project managers, scientists, engineers, logisticians and requisite contracts and facilities support. Experience demonstrating alignment to higher level strategies including National Defense Strategy (NDS), Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) FRAGO - A Design for Maintaining Maritime Superiority, 38th Commandant's Planning Guidance, Department of the Navy Chief Information Officer (DON CIO) - DON Information Superiority Vision, and Naval Information Warfare Command (NAVWAR) Strategic Vision.
4. Ability to communicate, build coalitions, and lead a community of technical and non-technical workforce across a broad spectrum of skill sets and dispersed locations focused on developing, collating, sharing, and promulgating products, solutions, methodologies, patterns, and best practices.
5. Ability to cultivate and leverage partnerships with engineering communities in other Department of Defense (DoD) and DON organizations including but not limited to NAVWAR HQ/5.0, Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC), Marine Corps Warfighting Lab (MCWL), NAVWAR Program Executive Offices (PEOs), PEO Land Systems, Special Operations Command (SOCOM)/Special Operations Forces Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (SOF AT&L), Marine Corps Forces Cyberspace Command (MARFORCYBER), Fleet Cyber Command (FLTCYBERCOM), NIWC Pacific and various Naval Warfare Centers; and ability to develop expansive professional network across the information warfare domain, internal and external to NIWC Atlantic.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
0801 Professional Engineering Series
1550 Computer Science Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.