- Provides information to pharmacy procurement personnel regarding medications and supplies needed from the warehouse or wholesaler by reviewing items used that day and automation reports.
- Works with pharmacy procurement personnel to manage out of stock items and assures the items are filled as soon as stock is available.
- Assists in inventory control through understanding the entirety of the procurement process.
- Provides information to veterans and other services lines regarding formulary.
Other Significant Responsibilities:
- Provision of orientation and training to Pharmacy Technician students assigned to their area.
- Inspection of assigned areas on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparing for special accreditations and reviews (e.g. The JC, IG, SOARS, ASHP) and meet with reviewing/inspecting officials and/or pharmacy management.
- Participation in the orientation, education, and training of new employees or employees introduced to selected practice areas.
- Responsibility for keeping abreast of changes in the Pharmacy Service (i.e., interdepartmental memoranda, relevant station memoranda, and policies and procedures. Additionally, maintains a general knowledge of VA, DEA and JC regulations.
- Completes mandatory training determined by the medical center.
- Maintains Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board.
- Other duties as assigned