This position is located in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Ocean Service (NOS), Office for Coastal Management (OCM), with 1 vacancy in Silver Spring, MD or Charleston, SC and 1 vacancy in Honolulu, HI.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NOS-OCM-2020-0015, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
As a Management and Program Analyst, you will perform the following duties:
- Develop and implement administrative standard operating procedures, and ensure compliance with established rules and regulations. Design, conduct and direct studies and special projects to identify and propose solutions to management functions, operations and programs. Formulate and direct assessments pertaining to program efficiency and productivity through use of internal control evaluations. Recommend changes and improvements to management based on evaluations.
- Serve as procurement coordinator procuring products and services to meet office requirements. Review procurement requests from customers against regulator guidance, verify and reconcile transactions in accordance with federal guidelines and approving official requirements.
- Complete all Contracting Officer Representative requirements for assigned contracts. Manages contracts including administration, architect-engineer, facility maintenance, management, and services; and prepare scope of work and cost estimates. Ensure contractors' progress and compliance with specifications in accordance with contract terms. Advise leadership on contracting administration and overall management of such contracts. Review procurement requests, verify and reconcile transactions.
- Serve as system administrator for the project management and authorization system tracking contract performance. Establish guidelines and parameters for project execution, including personnel, workload, and budget, while ensuring all required reporting is complete.
Qualification requirements in the vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on the Office of Personnel Management's website located at: https://www.opm.gov/policy.
EDUCATION: There is no positive education requirement for this position.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. This experience need not have been in the federal government.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations e.g., professional; philanthropic, religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies; knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify at the ZA-3 or GS-11 level:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must possess one full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the ZA-2 or GS-09 in the Federal service. Specialized experience MUST include all of the following:
- Utilizing qualitative and quantitative methods to conduct analysis of management functions and administrative operations to determine their efficiency and productivity;
- Performing project planning and/or management tasks such as coordinating objectives, tracking progress and reporting project results/status; and
- Performing contract administration activities such as evaluating contractor performance, ensuring compliance with contract terms, and resolving contractual issues/problems.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A combination of education and experience as described above. Note: Only graduate education in excess of two full years is qualifying for combination of education and experience.