Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is comprised of our nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families, as well as current DeCA employees. The agency employs over 15,000 people and its annual sales exceed $4 billion.
In accordance with the Group Coverage Qualification Standards for Clerical and Administrative Support Positions, http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-cler.asp.applications,
- Front end operations including patron identification, customer inquiries, check out, and cash control.
- Non-perishable stock control including transporting items and stocking shelves.
- Meat display and case stocking.
- Produce inspection display and rotation.
- Accounts maintenance, supply, and computer operations
To qualify for this position you must possess One year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-06 grade level that equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to perform successfully the duties of the position, and is directly in or related to this position. To be creditable, specialized experience must be at GS-06 or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service, military, or private sector.
Examples of specialized experience include:
Volunteer Experience: Your experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Plans, directs or assigns work for employees.
- Knowledgeable of multiple departments within a grocery store in order to evaluate work, provide instruction and conduct on the job training for workers.
- Carry out daily retail grocery store functions necessary to successfully execute store operations.
For qualifications determinations your resume must contain your name, a description of your duties, the number of hours worked per week and the beginning and ending dates (month/year) for each position. Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.