Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
GS-05: Three years of general experience, one year of which was equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-04) or equivalent. General experience may have included performing highly structured work assignments of limited difficulty combined with training that familiarizes the employee with functions and operations of the organization.
GS-07: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-05) or equivalent. Specialized experience which included performance of developmental assignments of moderate difficulty to further develop applicable analytical and evaluative skills and techniques as a Financial Management Specialist in a developmental capacity.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of basic principles, concepts, and practices of Financial Management.
- Skill in applying basic principles, concepts, and practices of the occupation sufficient to perform entry-level assignments in Financial Management.
- Skill in communicating factual and procedural information clearly, orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions.
- Ability to plan and organize work, and consult effectively with co-workers.
- Knowledge of information technology software and hardware sufficient to analyze financial activities and develop and charts functional logic for new and revised automated financial management systems.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.