Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONAL (LB&I) DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas: Large Business and International (LB&I) - Practice Areas: Withholding, Exchange & International Individual Compliance (WEIIC) and Enterprise Activities (EAPA).
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level.
As a Front Line Manager you will:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Give advice, counsel or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit and recommend appointment, promotion or reassignment to such positions.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: A Certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a bachelor's or higher degree in accounting that included at least 30 semester hours in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and an additional 6 semester hours in related subjects such as business law, economics, statistical/quantitative methods, computerized accounting or financial systems, financial management, or finance.
A bachelor's or higher degree in a field other than accounting or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 4 years that included at least 30 semester hours in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and 6 semester hours in related subjects as described above.
Currently or previously held an Internal Revenue Agent GS-0512 position for at least one year.
In addition to meeting the Basic Requirements above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the requirements listed below:
FRONT LINE MANAGER BASIC REQUIREMENTS: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the pay band or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
- Experience with management techniques, methods, theories, principles and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight;
- Experience applying regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled;
- Experience applying basic budget management principles and practices (i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources);
- Experience applying communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens".
Go to Understanding the IRS Paybands for GS/IR conversion. For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.